Thursday, June 24, 2010

Death of a Stranger.

               It's funny how life works. That one person you see everyday and never talk to will be gone the next and you'd be surprised how much of a life they had before it was taken away. I see this dude walking down the street everyday and at all the football games. I knew nothing about him. I would've road the bus with him this incoming school year if he was alive. It's crazy you know. Never held a conversation with him. Never knew he was my close cousin's best friend. Never knew I knew so many of his friends. Never knew a girl who I met in 3rd grade and knew all this time became his girl-friend 5days ago. I never knew I've been holding a conversation with his cousin almost everyday on Facebook. Never really knew his name. It's crazy. I could swear I saw him walking hours ago. I think he's the third kid from our high school to die this year. One girl a bad car accident and him, heart - attack. He was on the basket-ball team. He was tall as the mountains (which I've never seen before). He seemed nice. I read all this stuff about how he was there for people when they needed him and that he was so full of life. That he was just at someone's house yesterday. Hell, I could swear I just saw him walking looking so cold a few hours ago. He looked odd. He looked different. Barely recognized him. I wish he was still here, alive. Not for my sake but for his friends and family. I wish his heart at this very moment could you know, just jump start to life and that he would just run outside and go play basketball or go to a party at least one last time. I mean that had to have happened so quick. I want him to be right there walking in the street with his friends so I can scream at my dad who's driving like a maniac to slow down before he runs him over. I always had a little wonder of how the life of a stranger on the street, what it was like. I think I finally got a look now. And I just wish he was alive now because all the people that I do know are super sad. Sadder than I normally am. When school starts, we're going to hear maybe a speech or two dedicate to him, it's a small town maybe something on the regular channels and on the Fourth of July gathering at West Bridge Park. I'm just imagining how sad everyone is going to be. And the crazy thing is, it seems he was always the one to stop all these other people's sadness. I remember seeing him joke a lot too. I remembered that yesterday. Never occurred to me why I remembered it. The dude he just seemed so full of life and it's a small world. You never know how you could somehow be connect on a web to a stranger. A friend of a couple of friends. You know it seems it's always the people who seem so full of life who lose it ever so quickly. It's a shame. It seems it's always the nicest ones, the ones with the closest families. The ones with so many friends, the ones who seems so many people depend on. It's insane, it makes me think even more about the strangers on the street. He has the same last name as one of my cousins you know, he could've even been related to me. Never thought of that. Probably not. Never know. Rest in Peace D. Alexander. It's obvious you were missed by so many before you even took that last breath.

No comments:

Followers