Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Dad's Mom/Pushing Me Away

The beginning of last month, my grandmother moved in with us. I don't know her very well and she was never there for me. My father expects for me to act with her as I do with my other grandparents but it took awhile to get there.
Recently, everything I do is wrong to them. My grandmother does not approve of my music, my conversations, or interests. I feel as if all I do is wrong in her eyes and it is rubbing off on my parents also.  I did not know that my mother had such a problem with me. I have not changed at all. Apparently, I'm being "bad" and "disrespectful". Apparently saying "Excuse me," and not "Excuse me grandma," is wrong. Apparently not talking to her about things she cares about is wrong. My grandmother can say anything she likes to me, do anything she wants and I still get the blame. I'm the wrong one. 
Everything she does is okay because "Her mind is bad," Okay, so is mind too. I have a hell of a lot of problems that no one seems to give a fuck about. I just do not see how it's fair that we all have to change our lives and drop everything to help her and no one gives a shit about me. The things that I do, I'm "faking" right? Everything that I have ever done, they act like it never happened.
My dad is pissed because I did not have anything to say about my grandmother. To be honest, I do not think much of her. She is a person who has to have things her way, must control things, stay stuck on one thing, and throw bible quotes at me. However, she is still my grandmother and I love her. Then, on the other-hand, love has never really meant that much to me in the first place. But I care for her, that's important and I still try to be "respectful" and include her in the conversations, I guess it'll never be good enough and I am just sick of attempting to please my family. They don't know that they are only pushing me away.

No comments:

Followers